Wednesday 8 June 2011

One Direction

Well I am finally back from our lovely holiday in Crete, and also the Hay Book Festival in Wales, and ready to continue with my work. Good news is I have had my feedback on Module 2, and it was really positive, with some very encouraging comments.  My tutor said that she is 'delighted with my progress' so that has really spurred me on.  She commented that she really liked my Nelson collage,and that she wanted me to develop it further by putting it into computer software and manipulating the image and creating a few more designs.  This I have done, and it has been very interesting.  The other thing she said was that the stripes in my Ohio star should all be going in one direction, and that I should amend/or redo with this in mind.  So here is my second, and ok, yes, better (!) attempt... 
Ohio Star - Stripes in One Direction!

And now I am working on module 3.  I have ordered myself a lovely A3 red sketchbook, (in keeping with the colour theme) and I have started my research on Bridget Riley, my chosen artist to study.  It seems that for this module there is mountains of work and outcomes, all of it so interesting, I just wish there were more hours in the day!  I have put a 12 week plan together and I am going to do my best to stick to it...but we shall see.  Sometimes life gets in the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!