Wednesday 6 April 2011

Royal Wedding Wall Hanging

Seeing as I had so much Union Jack bunting to spare I decided to make a quilt to commemorate the big day, and after quite a lot of pulling my hair out at various stages due to minor technicalities (running out of thread, my machine messing about, etc. etc. ) I have finally come up with this...
The Wall hanging


Close up - love birds kissing!

You can't see it (due to poor photo) but it has 'William and Kate' embroidered across the middle
Close Up.  It's real bunting sewn in.

It has taken me just over a week, and I have also made a table runner, but it was such a quick job it's not worth taking a picture of.  So I hope it is going to be a good day, all we need now is sunshine!! 

That is enough diversion for me, now it's time to plough on with my coursework, with renewed vigour.  I'm doing lots of designing and written work at the moment but I have to complete 2 foundation pieced samples, so photos of that will be coming soon (ish).

2 comments:

  1. I love it. What a wonderful, unique keepsake of a piece of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you Claire. I can get it out again when Kate and William's children get married!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!